Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Let the right one in/Let me in

Cover of the Graphic Novel for the movie.

This was a pretty dark movie, but pretty amazing none the less. I had heard of the american adaptation before knowing that it was a Swedish film but I hadn't seen it yet (which is good because I got to see it's original adaptation). In general, the movie was incredibly ominous with everything that happened to the point where I was only wondering about who wasn't going to die. That made it interesting to follow because me as the viewer didn't know what was going to happen exactly, but the foreshadowing was pretty insightful.

Ok now back to a previous post about vampires, I can clearly say that this movie is
EXACTLY WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A GOOD VAMPIRE FILM

Seriously, this movie (and book actually) held up very well to what vampires are in legend which is basically everything that twilight isn't.

we had:
  • Bursting into flames in sunlight
  • Feeding on human blood/victims
  • not being able to just walk into a person's house without being invited in (which I think is often overlooked) without bleeding or even dying.
  • running water
  • coffins
This movie had a touch of the 30 days of night feel to it because of the wintery scene, which was pretty interesting to see how vampires act in the cold climate. I think that the Swedish aspect was interesting to me in a foreign sense, because it took the vampire legend to someplace outside hollywood and the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment