Monday, November 28, 2011

J Horror Cont. Audition.



To be completely honest, I had seen the ending of this movie before I had even known what the name of it was, and that we had to watch it for class. I found a random link on a website once and it just played the gruesome scene at the end. In that sense, Yeah, Mega spoiler.
"deeper, deeper, deeper, deeper."

The movie however was pretty good. It was rather dead up until Asami's appearance. Her character, and the creepy things that followed her was the turning point for me to be more interested. It was weird knowing the ending scene beforehand because it allowed me to make weird connections. especially to the footless man in the wheel chair.

The backtracking from place to place that Aoyama does in search for Asami is pretty suspenseful and even if I hadn't seen the ending I probably would of seen it as ominous. Gore is a theme I have seen reoccur in J Horror. However, I've noticed that it's only in one part of the movie and not played out throughout the film like in most american slasher films (saw, hostel etc...) I've also seen the japanese version of The Grudge or JU-ON which got all of it's gore out in the beginning. The Audition took care of it at the very end. The rest of most of the J Horror movies I've seen also follow this pattern, Ringu being the other one. What isn't gore in J horror seems to be suspenseful build up and foreshadowing.

and those needles in the eyes were pretty messed up.




No comments:

Post a Comment